NAEVUS Mole Mapping
Skin cancer is the most common cancer in New Zealand and the incidence rates from melanoma are now amongst the highest in the world – yet skin cancer is readily preventable.
Hamilton East Medical Centre offers an early detection and diagnosis facility called the NAEVUS Mole Mapping clinic.
NAEVUS Mole Mapping uses the most up-to-date dermoscopic video imaging and computer technology. Dermoscopy improves the accuracy of skin cancer diagnosis by allowing structures that are not normally seen with the naked eye to be examined under magnification.
A NAEVUS Mole Mapping consultation at Hamilton East Medical Centre will include:
- The establishment of a personal melanoma risk profile
- A comprehensive visual skin examination
- Identification and imaging of selected moles
- Assessment of moles by a health professional trained in dermoscopy
- Computerised mole analysis
- A written report posted to you including advice on any moles needing further assessment or removal and a recommended on-going screening programme
- Permanent storage of all your images so that new images taken at later dates can be added and compared, allowing detection of any changes that occur over time
- A copy being sent to your GP after which you will receive a written report
The NAEVUS Mole Mapping clinic at Hamilton East Medical Centre is run by Dr Bert Rauber, Dr Joe Cornforth and three nurse dermoscopists. Patients do not need to be enrolled with Hamilton East Medical Centre to access this clinic. Reports will be sent back to your own doctor and attendance will not affect enrolment at your current practice.
|Full Body Skin Check – 1 hour appointment||$275.00|
|Single Spot Check – 1 spot only, 15 minutes||$98.00|
|Follow-up Appointments||from $72.00|
* Prices are correct as of July 2017
One in 15 white-skinned New Zealanders is expected to develop melanoma in their lifetime – increase your chances of early detection and diagnosis with NAEVUS Mole Mapping.MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW!